Year in review, the climate group.
One of the most interesting online news letters I`m subscribed to is that provided by the "Climate Group".
An organization set up in 2004 to tackle climate change:
"The organization was founded in 2004 by a diverse group of companies, governments and supporters who saw the opportunity to create new momentum in the international effort to stop global warming."In 2006 the top stories of interest to the Climate Group where:
- January:The Commencement of the EU emissions trading scheme .
- February: The coming into force of the Kyoto protocol.
- March: The launch of NorthSouthEastWest.
- April: The commitment of several Australian states to an emmisionstrading scheme.
- May: The launch of Ecomagination by GE
- June: Gov. Schwazernager's emissions targets for California.
- July: G8 summit in Gleneagles.
- august: Asia-Pacific clean development and climate change group.
- September: EU-China partnership on climate change.
- October: HSBC goes carbon neutral.
- November:MOP in Montreal.
- December:Low Carbon Leaders conference.